“I needed to stop running away from God and allow Him to run to me. I finally realized it wasn’t about my worthiness – God wanted to lift me up.”
Sarah was running from shame and guilt and the belief she was unworthy, even though she had invited the Lord into her life. As she shares her story, you will discover:
- How Sarah became able to receive unconditional love
- What happened that released her from shame and guilt
- How God slowly, tenderly, relieved her depression and feelings of hopelessness
- What Sarah learned that helped her to stop rehearsing toxic thoughts
- How forgiveness played a dual role in Sarah’s journey to freedom
For a time, Sarah didn’t want to have children. Fear that what had happened to her as a child could be repeated in a new generation was the catalyst. As her relationship with God grew deeper, she and her husband agreed they wanted to start a family.
The Lord cut the ties to the past in Sarah’s life and gave her a new heart song. She not only has a beautiful and precious little girl; she has joy in freedom and hope for the future.
Her favorite scripture, one she says knocked her over, is Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.